Saturday, March 26, 2011

the festival of colors


Is a huge event now (to say the least). Eight years ago we took Emilia and Leif and had a lovely time despite Emilia getting colors in her eyes. I think there were a couple hundred other guest who also came to celebrate the coming of Spring near a bonfire and a man singing and chanting as we all threw colors at each other. On Saturday there must have been thousands who came to the Holi Festival and I think a better name for it might be Holi Palooza or Holi Woodstock (slightly different feel this time). My photos don't really give an idea as to how crazy it was with so many people but that's because we tried to stay away from the masses and have our own little haven for the kids.

We met up with Michelle and Ryan and their beautiful children and that was definitely what made it most enjoyable for us. Llamas and peacocks and little Ocean having so much fun going up to random people and throwing colors at them were the highlights and I can't leave out little Scarlette with a tiny bit of pink dye in her ear. She was mostly protected by her daddy and her babybjorn and she was such a trooper. Dahlia wasn't so enthusiastic about the event but soon warmed up and Soren was loving his little battles with Ocean.







10 comments:

Giandrea said...

JEALOUS!!! The kids' faces in all of those pictures are hilarious! How FUN!!

David T. Macknet said...

There are some truly unhappy faces in there!

mere said...

Wish I could have come!! Next year I guess. I miss you.

Cammie said...

Andrea and Mere--Wish you were both there!

David--You're right but I promise they had some fun too (Dahlia just needed some time to take all in)!

charles said...

so cute! you are a bunch of wild and crazy guys!

BirdieMann said...

I miss this Provo tradition! Great photos. =)

jenica said...

i am so there! next year. ;-D

Carol said...

what the heck????? what exactly are you throwing and my very.first.thought.was.this.....is that going to wash out of your clothes??????

you guys are hilarious!

Bridget said...

I never went. That may be my only regret of my time spent in Provo. You took my kids and I had a celebration of colors with less children. Your kids are so cute and yes- in a few pictures unhappy! I love it. Emilia remembers going. I miss you. xxo

paigemoe said...

You are one of the coolest moms I know! Love it!