Wednesday, May 30, 2007

THREADS





Jason is working on his PhD at the University of Glasgow in Buddhist Ethics. He has about 2 and a half years left (maybe more) and so for now we are settled. I've been dancing a lot lately and will start teaching in June. This month I started dancing in 2 projects and have loved it. The first piece was performed and filmed at the Che Camille, a really hip studio that represents designers and artists. Such a cool place. The project was a film, dance, theatre collaboration about women and their connection to women of the past. Thus, the name "Threads." We danced about mythology and the realities of women. . .their struggle to find a sacred space in modern society. Breath was also a underlining theme and how we all breath the same air. It connects us and gives life. As we discussed the project, I found many parallels to my life right now and how I'm working on a balance. . . what my family needs and what I need. . . what is my role as a mom, a woman, a wife, a human. I had a wonderful time. I'll post a link to the film when it is completed.

The set was made of all sorts of string, yarn, nets, etc. and became this installation art that was so cool to look at , dance through and think about. The photos above are of the set and space.

1 comment:

charles said...

threading, weaving...
sew! sew! sew!
needling, looming...
grow! grow! grow!