Sunday, May 25, 2008

This weekend was a marathon of fun. I was part of a dance company that put on a baby rave in Edinburgh for families and tailored for the 0-4 age group called Wee Dance Wee Groove. It was such a party for the whole family and I was so tickled to see moms and dads groovin' to the music with their totally cute kids. Seriously, if you want to smile and be happy, bring your little ones to a mom and tot dance class or dance event. There is just something magical about little rockin kids and parents dancing together without inhibition. I love the sort of work I do. Our company was a perfect mix for the occasion with dancers from an array of backgrounds. We had contemporary dancers, hip hoppers, capoeira dancers, break dancers, a drummer, a DJ and even a wonderful girl from the Netherlands who is a hospital clown for ill children. Our group was eclectic and groovy.

Jason brought Soren to the opening session and he was a delight--so excited and full of energy. I wore a scarf in my hair and that made it really easy for him to always spot me in the crowd. He would run back and forth to me and Jason giving us hugs and soaking up the energy of the crowd and giving it right back. After their time at the dance party, Jason took Soren to the Edinburgh zoo and they had stories to tell me of penguins marching and lemurs and more. . .

We met up after I was through for the day and hung out at a beautiful park before taking the train home. . . And we forgot the camera!! If I get some pictures of the event I'll make sure to post them.

4 comments:

jaredandmatisse said...

This sounds absolutely beautiful! I want to come and participate. Will your company do it again? Jared and I love your Italy video. Soren is the most adorable little thing. I just want to squeeze him.

Jason said...

Soren had so much fun at the dance party and the zoo afterwards. They let about two dozen penguins out of their pool area to briefly walk around on some of the zoo walkways outside. We were right next to the walkway when the penguins marched by, and Soren couldn't stop laughing. He wanted to keep following the penguins around, but, they took them right back to the pool area. He was also excited to see the baby penguins, lemurs, and monkeys.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend.

charles said...

Yes! I need to see Soren dance, mmm' kay?