Thursday, October 25, 2007
Halloween Party and Sorenisms
My friend Patsy throws an annual Halloween party and today was the day. She makes just about all the food and it is amazing (the photo above isn't even all it)! Soren picked out his own costume and I was pleasantly surprised with his choice. I thought he would be more interested in the spider that was hanging next to it but he saw the pumpkin and that was that.
I started the section below a few days ago--I 've just started working a bit more and I'm learning to manage my time. It is really quite a task some days and I'm having to play catch up with blogging. . .
I just finished cleaning the kitchen and while doing so Soren fell asleep on the coach just before 5 pm. Probably one of the worst times to take a nap. We spent most of his first 2 years trying and trying to get him to sleep more and now although he does sleep better at night he wants to nap at times that through off his night routine.
Since he is asleep I'll take a few minutes to share some of the greatest things our 2 1/2 year old has said lately.
1. while making noise with his feet under the table he said "did you hear the beautiful noise?"
2. Sometimes Soren likes us to hold him like a baby and then whoever is holding him goes and shows the other the little baby in her/his arms. I was holding him the other day and told him when he was a baby he cried a lot and then while I was holding him he did this funny imitation cry. Then I asked him if he knew why he cried so much when he was a baby and he said "I cried because I was frustrated."
3. Sometimes when Jason and I are playing with him he'll say in the funniest and sweetest voice "I have a little treat for you."
4. The other morning he was in bed with us and woke me up by saying "your're gorgeous."--something we say to him a lot.
5. The other day Jason was cooking dinner and Soren said, "you're doing a great job Dad."
I love my little PLUMPKIN! My brother coined that when he saw a photo of Soren dressed up for his first Halloween when he was a smaller pumpkin (compliments of Grandma Pat) . I wish I had photos on this computer--they're saved somewhere else for now.